- Pomegranate juice is also delicious in cooking!!
- Discover some of the most popular recipes on the web and make amazing cocktails, smoothies, pastries, jams, salad dressings and amazing dishes with unique flavors!
Alcohol-free cocktail (mocktail) with pomegranate
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 343
- 240 ml pomegranate juice
- 60 ml orange juice
- 60 ml lime juice
- Lemon-flavored soda soft drink
- pomegranate seeds
- ice cubes
- sliced lime
- Divide the pomegranate juice, the orange and lime juice equally in 4 glasses and mix.
- Add ice cubes and soda.
- Mix well and add the pomegranate seeds and the lime slices for garnish.
Cake with pomegranate juice
- 250 gr. farin up
- 125 gr. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 kg baking powder
- 100 gr. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 100-110 gr. pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flaxseed
- 1/4 teasp. ginger
- Mix butter with sugar into the mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs after you have reduced the speed of the mixer.
- Add molasses and pomegranate juice.
- Finally add flour, flaxseed and ginger.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 50'.
- Good luck!
Virgin Paloma - Alcohol free cocktail
Mocktail means non-alcoholic cocktail. But it does not lag behind in anything in taste and aromas! Festive, cool and wonderful, this alcohol-free cocktail will become the perfect companion for friends and family in festive and not only gatherings.Ingredients for Virgin Paloma
- 150 ml pomegranate juice
- 1/2 pink grapefruit
- 1/2 lime juice
- 150 ml soda soft drink
- 2 tbsp. ginger syrup
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 small lime peel
- 1 grapefruit slice
- 1 lime slice
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh mint
- Peeled pomegranate
- Grated ice
- For ginger syrup: Put the honey, the ginger, the lime (peel) and water in a small saucepan. From the time it boils, boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the mint. Set aside for 10 minutes. Strain the syrup and keep it in the fridge for cocktails.
- For mocktail: Wet the rim of 2 glasses and dip them in sugar to coat. Put crushed ice in the glasses. Divide the ingredients: pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, lime, ginger syrup and peeled pomegranates and mix. Add the soda, stir and garnish the glass. Garnish with whole grapefruit slice, lime slice and herbs.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 fresh peeled pomegranate (or just its juice)
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup frozen forest fruits
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed
- For the detox smoothie, put all the ingredients in the blender and mash for a few seconds.
- The frozen fruits, when beaten in the blender, give smoothie a soft sorbet texture.
Homemade pomegranate jam with wonderful taste and stunning color!! It fits perfectly in bread for breakfast or in cakes, we serve it with a cheese platter or next to it in grilled meat and poultry. Ideal for the Christmas table.Ingredients
- 6 cups pomegranate juice (fresh)
- 2 pomegranates red peeled
- 2 chopped apples
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 lemon (its juice)
- 3 jars with lids 250 ml (sterile and hot)
- Peel and cut the apples into small squares. Put them in a saucepan with the sugar and over medium heat, let the sugar melt and become like apple puree.
- Add the pomegranate juice and mix.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for an additional 15 minutes and thicken slightly for the homemade pomegranate jam from Argyro.
- Add the pomegranate seeds (optionally 1 shot of black rum) and the lemon and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Carefully fill the sterile hot jars up to the top with the hot pomegranate jam. Seal the jars with their lids.
- In a large saucepan, place a cloth on the bottom. Put the jars upside down in the pot, with the lid resting on the bottom. Fill the jars with hot water.
- Once the water boils, boil the pomegranate jam in the jars for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Carefully remove the hot jars. Leave them on the kitchen counter upside down, until they cool completely.
- Keep the pomegranate jam in a cool place in the kitchen or in the refrigerator. From the moment we open a jar of jam, we keep it in the fridge. Closed in its jar, the pomegranate jam is kept for several months in a cool place.
Dressing for green salads with pomegranate juice
Original dressing with a wonderful color for green salads. Serve with pomegranate seeds for more color in our salads. The pomegranate juice dressing can accompany a dish with chicken. Pomegranate juice is considered a superfood. Of course we can drink it as a juice, but with our recipe we add it to our meals.Ingredients
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp. honey
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 clove of garlic mashed (optional)
- White pepper
- Put all the ingredients in the multi and beat until the mixture is homogeneous. Leave them for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Serve ideally with green salad.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Panna Cotta with pomegranate sauce
Panna cotta is one of the most famous desserts of Italian origin. It is a cooked cream and solidified with gelatin. Its name in Italian means "baked cream" and is also a very popular dish in the Ionian Islands.Ingredients for panna cotta cream
- 600 gr. coconut or almond milk
- 60 gr. brown sugar
- 10 gr. organic jelly leaves
- 300 gr. pomegranate juice
- 300 gr. brown sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pomegranate peeled
- a few fresh mint leaves
- Put the jelly leaves in cold water until soft. Put the coconut milk with the sugar in a saucepan and place it on the fire. Once it starts to boil, remove from the heat and add the jelly leaves, slightly squeezed. Stir to melt and allow the mixture to cool for about 30 minutes, reaching room temperature. Pour it into glasses and leave them in the fridge until the cream stabilizes (about 4 hours).
- Pomegranate sauce: In a saucepan add the pomegranate juice and brown sugar. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves and the syrup sets. It will take about 8 minutes after it boils. Try the syrup and a few minutes before removing it from the heat add the lemon juice and stir. Add a little corn flour if needed. Let it cool.
- We put it either in a form or in glasses. Serve the panna cotta with the sauce and garnish with pomegranate seeds and fresh mint leaves.
Healthy spaghetti with pomegranate sauce
Special pasta by Akis Petretzikis with goat cheese, pomegranate juice, high protein spaghetti and walnuts. Extra bonus: it is crimson and super healthy!Ingredients
- 500 gr. pomegranate juice
- 80 gr. balsamic cream
- 20 gr. honey
- 400 gr. spaghetti, high protein
- 150 gr. goat cheese
- Place a pan on high heat and add the juice.
Add the balsamic cream, honey and cook for 6-8 minutes to reduce the volume of the sauce and set.
- At the same time, put the spaghetti, salt in a pot of boiling water and boil for 1 minute less than the instructions on the package.
- Strain the spaghetti and transfer them to the sauce. Stir for 1 minute to pull the sauce.
- Place a pan on high heat and put the goat cheese. Bake for 1 minute on each side to get color. Alternatively, break the cheese into pieces in the pan with the spaghetti and stir.
- Serve the spaghetti and goat cheese with walnuts and pomegranate
Brisket stuffed with mushrooms and pomegranate sauce
For 2-3 persons, Preparation time: 15 minutes, Baking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes.Ingredients
- ½ kg of fillet brisket
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 Florin pepper
- 200 gr. fresh white mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 100 gr. xinomyzithra of Crete (sour mizithra)
- Juice from 2 pomegranates (about 300 ml)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp. fresh cow butter
- Cut the onion into slices and finely chop the garlic. Saute them together with the olive oil in a pan. Add the mushrooms cut into 4 pieces, the pepper cut into squares, the salt, the pepper and the thyme. Leave them for a few minutes until they wither.
- Wash the brisket, dry it with kitchen paper and spread it on a surface. Spread the sour cream on the brisket and put the stuffing with the mushrooms on top of half of the fillet.
- Wrap tightly in a roll and tie with string. Season the roll with salt and pepper, put it in a hull and pour a little olive oil and a few sprigs of rosemary on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for 1 hour with the lid closed, turning the roll every half hour. Remove the lid and bake for another 20 minutes to brown the roll.
- To make the pomegranate sauce, boil the pomegranate juice with the sugar for a few minutes until the sugar has melted and remove from the heat. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and mix until the flour is cooked. Add the pomegranate juice. Stir constantly until you have a sauce.
- Serve the brisket roll (without the string) on a plate, pour over the pomegranate sauce and sprinkle with pomegranates and walnuts.
Sweet and sour chicken with pomegranate sauce
A favorite dish such as sweet and sour chicken can take off if you make the sauce by yourself, especially with fresh pomegranate juice.Ingredients 3 cleaned chicken breasts (close to 750 gr.)
- 200 ml juice from 2 large pomegranates
- 2 tbsp. soy
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 60 gr corn flour
- 40 gr. brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbp. corn flour
- sunflower oil
- Wash and cut the peppers and onion into thin strips and keep them in a bowl. Peel the chicken and cut each fillet in half into 2 thin pieces. If it is thick enough, you can cut it into 3 parts. We cut each piece into thin strips, like vegetables.
- In a pan pour the 60 gr of corn flour with salt and then add all the chicken and mix.
- Heat a gok or a pan with sunflower oil well and fry the chicken in portions. Once they get a nice color, remove the pieces and drain them on a plate with kitchen paper.
- Squeeze the pomegranates and measure 200 ml of their juice. Add the soy, brown sugar, a spoonful of corn flour and mix well.
- Heat a clean gok or pan again, add 1 tablespoon of oil and quickly sauté the vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stir and add the sauce we have prepared.
- Continue stirring until the sauce thickens and remove from the heat.
- Serve the sweet and sour chicken with pomegranate sauce together with basmati rice and garnish with a little fresh pomegranate